Club Esteem is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization offering free after-school and summer programs to economically disadvantaged children in grades 1 through 12 who live in the South Melbourne/Palm Bay area of Brevard County, Florida.. Club Esteem provides a safe, caring, and structured environment for children and teens to learn, grow and reach their full potential.
- Improves students’ academic achievement
- Improves students’ behavioral and social functioning
- Increases readiness for post-high school education, training and employment
Club Esteem is situated between two government housing complexes in the economically-disadvantaged Lipscomb Park area of South Melbourne. The census block surrounding Club Esteem has a median family income of $19,000 and unemployment rate of 23%. Of the 175+ youth in our regular, expansion and summer programs, 97% of are from low income homes and 81% are from single-parent households. While our students and their families often face many hardships, Club Esteem maintains a culture of pride and excellence that puts our students on the path to academic and personal success.
- Club Esteem students’ academic success far exceeds that of economically-disadvantaged students who do not attend Club Esteem: 92% of Club Esteem students are at or above grade level in math; 89% of Club Esteem Students are at or above grade level in reading.
- Club Esteem boasts a 100% high school graduation rate.
- In the past ten years, 91% of Club Esteem graduates have enrolled in college; 9% of graduates have chosen employment, vocational training, or are serving in the Military.
- All Club Esteem college attendees have received one or more scholarships and are attending outstanding academic institutions such as the University of Florida, Georgia Tech, Florida State University, Florida Institute of Technology, Florida Atlantic University, Florida International University, University of South Florida, Florida A&M, Eastern Florida State College, Clark University, Howard University, and more.
- 100% of Club Esteem students who enrolled in college have graduated within 4-6 years, compared to a national college graduation rate of 60% for all students and 16% for low income students.
Source: National Center for Education Statistics.
- Club Esteem alumni are now employed throughout the US as engineers, computer scientists, business consultants, nurses, policemen, teachers, Psychologists, and more.
Club Esteem Staff
South Melbourne Expansion Sites Manager & Program Leader
Ariel Garcia – “Mr. A”
Board of Directors 2020
Kim Deffebach, PhD
Valeta Cameron, Esq
Attorney, Brevard Legal Aid
Edward R. Davis III
Retired Vice President & Treasurer, Tupperware Brands Corporation
Vice President, Financial Consultant, Private Wealth Management, SunTrust Investment Services, Inc.
Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, L3Harris Corporation
Don McGee, CIMA, CF
McGee-Maust-Welch Wealth Advisors, Merrill Lynch
Scott Mikuen, Esq.
Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, L3Harris Corporation
Specialty Sales Representative, Janssen Inc.
Brand Manager, RW Events
Regional Director, Press Ganey
Consultant, Stewart Consulting
Chief Information Officer, Valeo Networks Inc.
Tiffanie Trudeau, LMHC
Licensed Mental Health Counselor,
The Counseling Alliance
Michael Welch, CRPC, CRPS
McGee-Maust-Welch Wealth Advisors,
Amy Van Fossen, Esq.
VA-Accredited Estate Planning and Probate Attorney,
Law Offices of Amy Van Fossen, Esq.
As a United Way Partner Agency, Club Esteem is eligible to receive designated gifts via payroll deduction to the United Way of Brevard or any other United Way in the US. Please contact your employer to designate your payroll deduction donation to benefit Club Esteem.
Community Foundation of Brevard
Create a legacy and change the lives of economically disadvantaged youth by including a gift to Club Esteem in your trust and estate plans. Gifts of cash, annuities, property, stocks, and other assets may be made directly to Club Esteem or may be made to the Club Esteem Endowment Fund at the Community Foundation of Brevard. For more information, please contact Theresa Grimison, Executive Director of the Community Foundation of Brevard at
theresaG@cfbrevard.org or (321) 752-5505.
National Society of Black Engineers
Club Esteem is proud to have established the first National Society of Black Engineers Junior Chapter Site in the US. Club Esteem’s NSBE Pre-College Initiative program helps students develop teamwork, leadership, and academic skills; educates and exposes students to STEM fields and experiences; and encourages students to attend college and pursue STEM degrees.
Department of Children
and Families Access Assistance
Club Esteem is a Department of Children and Families Access Assistance Partner Site and provides assistance to families applying for SNAP, Medicaid, cash assistance, and social security benefits.
Eastern Florida State College
Club Esteem partners with the Eastern Florida State College Service Learning program to provide business leadership opportunities to students wishing to earn college credits.
Florida Division of Vocational
Rehab Worksite and Career Source Brevard Work Based Training Site
Club Esteem serves as a Florida Division of Vocational Rehab Worksite and Career Source Brevard Work Based Training Site by providing on the job training opportunities to community members desiring to enter the workforce.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida
Club Esteem partners with the Kid’s Cafe Program of the Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida to ensure that economically disadvantaged children receive healthy after-school meals.
United States Department of Agriculture Federal Child Care Food Program
Club Esteem partners with the United States Department of Agriculture Federal Child Care Food Program to ensure that economically school aged children from economically disadvantaged families receive healthy meals during the summer.
Club Esteem has been awarded a Gold Seal of Transparency by GuideStar USA, the world’s largest source of information on nonprofit organizations.